Search Engine Optimization or SEO is not easy. But that doesn’t mean it has to be left in the hands of expensive consultants. There’s plenty of things you can and should do for yourself. In fact many consultants will make you work on your own content and they will charge for your efforts. I’m not saying you can do everything on your own, but natural organic content is very important and under the right guidance can be very effective.
Here are some things you can do right now to get yourself started.
- At least once a week (or more if possible) think of something you can post on your site that is informative and interesting for your clients.
- Get in the habit of checking for interesting things about your industry on the Web or in the real world. Link to other sites talking about these topics or write about it in your own words, maybe a summary or a rebuttal and link to an article or page as a reference.
- Visit other popular and informative sites and ask questions or find questions you can answer. It’s important to fight the urge to turn answers into an advertisement for your business or website
- Create profiles on social media under your own or your businesses name.
- Be active on social media but in an effective and meaningful way, always keeping in mind you are working on building your brand.
- Don’t just blindly re-tweet or share on Facebook when acting on behalf of your business. Always try to add value or perspective to the post and think of ways to engage your potential / existing clients.
These are of course a short list. SEO is a vast area or expertise and can take a great deal of effort and time to get results.
Did you find this useful Please leave comment below or even better subscribe to our newsletter for more great information.